The cows of Dolo Ken Paye [videorecording] : resolving conflict among the Kpelle
- St. Louis, MO : Phoenix Learning Group, [200-]
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (32 min) : sd., col. and b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
Law Library (Crown)
Permanent reserve: Ask at circulation desk
|GN655 .L5 C69 2000Z DVD||In-library use|
- In Fokwele, Liberia, a town in transition to modern ways, conflicts arise because of differing life styles. Many old customs of the Kpelle tribe are still alive, but are complicated by new economic practices and social structures. Cattle divide the town into two classes: the rich cattle owners, and the poorer rice farmers, whose crops areoften marauded by the cattle and who in turn attack the cows. In this film, such an incident is followed through the proceedings of justice in the community.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Resolving conflict among the Kpelle
- Originally produced in 1970.
- Production Credits
- Produced by James Gibbs and Marvin Silverman ; script, narration, James Gibbs.
- Publisher Number
Browse related items
Start at call number: