The psychology of dyslexia : a handbook for teachers : with case studies CD-ROM
- Michael Thomson.
- 2nd ed.
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 236 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|RC394 .W6 T46 2009||Unknown|
- Thomson, Michael E.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -230) and index.
- Preface. Acknowledgements. Chapter 1 The Nature of Dyslexia. Chapter 2 Basic Psychometrics and Assessment. Chapter 3 Assessing the Dyslexic Child. Chapter 4 Definition and Discrepancies. Chapter 5 Basic Neuropsychology. Chapter 6 Neuropsychology of Dyslexia. Chapter 7 Models of Reading and Spelling. Chapter 8 Models of Memory. Chapter 9 Phonological and Memory Deficits in Dyslexia. Chapter 10 The Social Psychology of Dyslexia. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470740965 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Psychology of Dyslexia: A Handbook for Teachers, Second Edition" is a superb introduction to the psychology of dyslexia for teachers. This is a new edition of a popular title that introduces the psychology of dyslexia - the most widely diagnosed special need in education - to teachers, teaching assistants and SENCOs. Introductory topics include the description and definition of dyslexia, classroom observations, the history of the concept and the current relationship of SEN policy to practice. In-depth coverage includes psychometrics, assessment of dyslexia, neuro-psychology, cognitive psychology, phonological development, models of reading and spelling and new research findings * Package includes a CD-ROM of real case studies of children with a range of dyslexic and accompanying difficulties Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470740965 20160528
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 0470740965 (hbk.)
- 9780470740965 (hbk.)
- 047069954X (pbk.)
- 9780470699546 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: