The international encyclopedia of revolution and protest : 1500 to the present
- edited by Immanuel Ness.
- Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, c2009.
- Physical description
- 8 v. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
Find it Information Center
Library has: v.1-
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.1||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.2||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.3||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.4||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.5||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.6||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.7||In-library use|
|JC491 .I58 2009 V.8||In-library use|
- Ness, Immanuel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Notes on the Editors (volume I only). About the General Editor. Board of Editors. Board of Associate and Advisory Editors. Notes on Contributors (volume I only). Introduction (volume I only). Acknowledgments (volume I only). Chronology of Significant Events in Revolution and Protest (volume I only). Lexicon (volume I only). Maps (volumes I-VII). Volume I: Abalone Alliance - Blanqui, Louis Auguste (1805-1881). Volume II: Bloch, Marc (1886-1944) - Davis, Angela (b. 1944). Volume III: Davitt, Michael (1846-1906) - Haiti, resistance to US occupation. Volume IV: Haiti, revolutionary revolts, 1790s - Lempira (d. 1537). Volume V: Lenin, Vladimir Ilyich (1870-1924) - People's Liberation Front of Sri Lanka ( JVP). Volume VI: Peoples' Global Action Network - Sturm und Drang. Volume VII: Sudan, Aba Island Rebellion, 1970 - Zwingli, Huldrych (1484-1531). Volume VIII: Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405184649 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This definitive 8-volume reference is a comprehensive print resource covering the history of protest and revolution over the past 500 years - throughout the modern era of mass movements. It is the definitive reference work on the role of popular agency in transforming the world in which we live. It is the first historical encyclopedia to provide scholars and teachers and students with the information they need to understand the role and significance and origin of protest and revolution from 1500 to the present 8-volume major reference in A-Z format, with entries ranging from 500 to 14,000 words. It provides clear, concise explanations of events and larger social movements, and biographies of key people. It presents major uprisings and protest movements, and the ideas, ideologies and activists that propelled them, chronicles the manner in which they unfolded, traces their roots, goals, tactics, and influence, and evaluates their successes and failures. Internationally diverse editorial board and contributors. It includes over 150 photographs, figures, and maps. An online electronic version is also available (ISBN 978-1-4051-9807-3). In addition to the features of the print version, the online version provides: regular revisions and new entries - updated once a year; links to comprehensive collection through Blackwell Reference online; links to other resources available on the web; and, powerful searching, browsing, and cross-referencing capabilities, including Open URL linking.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405184649 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781405184649 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1405184647 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: