Children, play, and development
- Hughes, Fergus P.
- 4th ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 359 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
HQ782 .H84 2010
- Unknown HQ782 .H84 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 293-333) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments Part I. The Context of Play 1. Historical and Theoretical Viewpoints 2. Ethological and Cultural Perspectives Part II. The Development of Play 3. The First Two Years of Life 4. The Preschool Years: From 2 to 5 5. Play in Later Childhood and Adolescence Part III. Individual Differences in Play 6. Gender Differences in Play 7. Play in Special Populations Part IV. The Benefits of Play 8. Play and Intellectual Development 9. The Social Benefits of Play 10. The Uses of Play in Therapy Glossary References Index About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Children, Play, and Development" offers a comprehensive look at children's play from birth to adolescence. Stressing the developmental and psychological importance of play, the text discusses the relationship of play to the physical, social, intellectual, and emotional growth of the child.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Fergus P. Hughes.
- 9781412967693 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412967694 (pbk. : alk. paper)