Children, play, and development
- Fergus P. Hughes.
- 4th ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 359 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HQ782 .H84 2010||Unknown|
- Hughes, Fergus P.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 293-333) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments Part I. The Context of Play 1. Historical and Theoretical Viewpoints 2. Ethological and Cultural Perspectives Part II. The Development of Play 3. The First Two Years of Life 4. The Preschool Years: From 2 to 5 5. Play in Later Childhood and Adolescence Part III. Individual Differences in Play 6. Gender Differences in Play 7. Play in Special Populations Part IV. The Benefits of Play 8. Play and Intellectual Development 9. The Social Benefits of Play 10. The Uses of Play in Therapy Glossary References Index About the Author.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412967693 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Children, Play, and Development" offers a comprehensive look at children's play from birth to adolescence. Stressing the developmental and psychological importance of play, the text discusses the relationship of play to the physical, social, intellectual, and emotional growth of the child.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412967693 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412967693 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412967694 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: