The educator's guide to teaching students with autism spectrum disorders
- Josefa Ben-Arieh, Helen J. Miller.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- ix, 165 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4717 .B46 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 152-157) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. What Is an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? 2. Assessment 3. Getting Ready to Teach New Skills: Basic First Steps 4. Environmental Supports 5. Choosing the Interventions Resources Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412957762 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This guide brings the most recent advancements in evidence-based interventions to both novice and experienced educators who are looking for practical and meaningful strategies for teaching students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The authors provide step-by-step, field-tested guidelines that connect with Individual Educational Program goals, illustrate to how write a behavior intervention plan, and demonstrates how to deliver effective interventions, including applied behavior analysis, functional behavior assessment, and positive behavioral supports. This concise handbook features sidebars highlighting major points, vignettes, and summaries, and includes many sample materials, tools, and reproducible forms. Teachers get the 'nuts and bolts' on: identifying and including students with ASD in the general education classroom; organizing the classroom environment, creating space, and managing time; promoting independence, communication, and socially appropriate behaviors; and, selecting visual strategies, tools, and curriculum resources. This user-friendly resource presents educators with a solid framework for delivering first-rate services to foster confidence and success for every student with ASD.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412957762 20160528
- Publication date
- 1412957753 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781412957755 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412957761 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412957762 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: