Kinetics of phase transitions
- edited by Sanjay Puri and Vinod Wadhawan.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 334 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to Basic Concepts. Kinetics of Phase Transitions in Solids. Kinetics of Phase Transitions in Fluids. Incorporation of Experimentally Relevant Effects. Novel Directions in the Kinetics of Phase Transitions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849390654 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Providing a comprehensive introduction with the necessary background material to make it accessible for a wide scientific audience, "Kinetics of Phase Transitions" presents a timely discussion of current developments in domain-growth kinetics. This book combines pedagogical chapters from various leading experts in this area and focuses on incorporating various experimentally relevant effects-such as disorder, strain fields, and wetting surfaces-into studies of phase ordering dynamics. In addition, it highlights topics garnering recent interest, such as the growth of nanostructures on surfaces. This book also provides a comprehensive overview of numerical techniques, which have proven useful in studying these complex nonlinear problems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780849390654 20160527
- Publication date
- 9780849390654 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0849390656 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: