Financial regulation : a framework for crafting and assessing proposals to modernize the outdated U.S. financial regulatory system : report to congressional addressees
- [Washington, D.C.] : U.S. Govt. Accountability Office, 
- Physical description
- iii, 100 pages : digital, PDF file
- Corporate Author
- United States. Government Accountability Office.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- To help policymakers better understand existing problems with the financial regulatory system and craft and evaluate reform proposals, this report (1) describes the origins of the current financial regulatory system, (2) describes various market developments and changes that have created challenges for the current system, and (3) presents an evaluation framework that can be used by Congress and others to shape potential regulatory reform efforts.
- Publication date
- Title variation
- Financial regulation : a framework for crafting and assessing proposals to modernize the outdated United States financial regulatory system
- Framework for crafting and assessing proposals to modernize the outdated U.S. financial regulatory system
- Title from title screen (viewed on Jan. 11, 2009).
- "January 2009."
- Mode of access: World Wide Web from GAO web site. Address as of 1/11/09: http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d09216.pdf; current access available via PURL.