Name reactions for homologations
- edited by Jie Jack Li ; foreword by E. J. Corey.
- Hoboken : Wiley, c2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: pt.1-
|QD262 .N363 2009 PT.1||Unknown|
|QD262 .N363 2009 PT.2||Unknown|
- Li, Jie Jack.
- Foreword. Preface. Contributing Authors. Chapter 1: Organometallics. Section 1.1 Palladium Chemistry. Section 1.2 Organocopper Reagents. Section 1.3 Other Organometallic Reagents. Chapter 2: Carbon-Chain Homologations. 2.1 Arndt-Eistert homologation. 2.2 Morita-Baylis-Hillman reaction. 2.3 Benzoin condensation. 2.4 Corey-Fuchs reaction. 2.5 Henry reaction. 2.6 Horner-Wadsworth-Emmons reaction. 2.7 Julia-Lythgoe olefination. 2.8 Knoevenagel condensation. 2.9 Mukaiyama aldol reaction. 2.10 Peterson olefination. 2.11 Sakurai allylation reaction. 2.12 Stetter reaction. 2.13 Wittig reaction. Chapter 3: Radical Chemistry. 3.1 Barton-McCombie deoxygenation. 3.2 Barton nitrite photolysis. 3.3 Sandmeyer reaction. 3.4 Wohl-Ziegler reaction. Appendixes. Appendix 1, Table of Contents for Volume 1: Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry. Appendix 2, Table of Contents for Volume 2: Name Reactions for Functional Group Transformations. Appendix 3, Table of Contents for Volume 4: Name Reactions for Homologations-2.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book continues in this well-established series of works by presenting a comprehensive treatise on name reactions in homologation reactions. Each section includes a description of the reaction, the historical perspective, a mechanism for the reaction, variations and improvements on the reaction, synthetic utilities of the reaction, experimental details, and references to the current primary literature. Primary topics include organometallics, carbon-chain homologation, radical chemistry, asymmetric C-C bond formation, and other types. This is a key resource for students, professionals, and academics in organic chemistry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780470085073 (pt. 1 : cloth)
- 047008507X (pt. 1 : cloth)
- 9780470464984 (pt. 2 : cloth)
- 0470464984 (pt. 2 : cloth)
- 9780470467213 (set : cloth)
- 0470467215 (set : cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: