Name reactions for homologations
- edited by Jie Jack Li ; foreword by E. J. Corey.
- Hoboken : Wiley, c2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
Library has: pt.1-
|QD262 .N363 2009 PT.1||Unknown|
|QD262 .N363 2009 PT.2||Unknown|
- Li, Jie Jack.
- Foreword. Preface. Contributing Authors. Chapter 1: Organometallics. Section 1.1 Palladium Chemistry. Section 1.2 Organocopper Reagents. Section 1.3 Other Organometallic Reagents. Chapter 2: Carbon-Chain Homologations. 2.1 Arndt-Eistert homologation. 2.2 Morita-Baylis-Hillman reaction. 2.3 Benzoin condensation. 2.4 Corey-Fuchs reaction. 2.5 Henry reaction. 2.6 Horner-Wadsworth-Emmons reaction. 2.7 Julia-Lythgoe olefination. 2.8 Knoevenagel condensation. 2.9 Mukaiyama aldol reaction. 2.10 Peterson olefination. 2.11 Sakurai allylation reaction. 2.12 Stetter reaction. 2.13 Wittig reaction. Chapter 3: Radical Chemistry. 3.1 Barton-McCombie deoxygenation. 3.2 Barton nitrite photolysis. 3.3 Sandmeyer reaction. 3.4 Wohl-Ziegler reaction. Appendixes. Appendix 1, Table of Contents for Volume 1: Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry. Appendix 2, Table of Contents for Volume 2: Name Reactions for Functional Group Transformations. Appendix 3, Table of Contents for Volume 4: Name Reactions for Homologations-2.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470085073 20160528
- Foreword. Preface. Contributing Authors. Chapter 1: Rearrangements. Section 1.1 Concerted rearrangement. Section 1.2 Cationic rearrangement. Section 1.3 Anionic rearrangement. Chapter 2: Asymmetric CC bond formation. 2.1 Evans aldol reaction. 2.2 Hajos-Wiechert reaction. 2.3 Keck stereoselective allylation. 2.4 Roush allylboronation. Chapter 3: Miscellaneous homologation reactions. 3.1 Bamford-Stevens reaction. 3.2 Mannich reaction. 3.3 Mitsunobu reaction. 3.4 Parham cyclization. 3.5 Passerini reaction. 3.6 Ugi reaction. Appendixes. Appendix 1, Table of Contents for Volume 1: Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry. Appendix 2, Table of Contents for Volume 2: Name Reactions for Functional Group Transformations. Appendix 3, Table of Contents for Volume 3: Name Reactions for Homologations-I. Appendix 4, Table of Contents for Volume 5: Name Reactions for Ring Formations. Appendix 5, Table of Contents for Volume 6: Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry-II. Subject index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470464984 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- 'A valuable addition to the literature by any measure and surely will prove its merit in years to come. The new knowledge that arises with its help will be impressive and of great benefit to humankind' - From the Foreword by E. J. Corey, Nobel Prize Laureate. This is an invaluable guide to name reactions and reagents for homologations. "Name Reactions for Homologations, Part II" of "Wiley's Comprehensive Name Reactions" series comprises a comprehensive treatise on name reactions for homologations. With contributions from world-recognized authorities in the field, this reference offers an up-to-date, concise compilation of the most commonly used and widely known name reactions and reagents. Part II discusses Rearrangements, Asymmetric C-C Bond Formation, and Miscellaneous Homologation Reactions. Arranged alphabetically by name reactions, the listing provides: Description of the reaction; Historical perspective; A mechanism for the reaction; Variations and improvements on the reaction; Synthetic utilities of the reaction; Experimental details; and References to the current primary literature. Armed with this invaluable resource, both students and professionals will have at their fingertips a comprehensive guide to important mechanisms and phenomena in homologation.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470464984 20160528
- This book continues in this well-established series of works by presenting a comprehensive treatise on name reactions in homologation reactions. Each section includes a description of the reaction, the historical perspective, a mechanism for the reaction, variations and improvements on the reaction, synthetic utilities of the reaction, experimental details, and references to the current primary literature. Primary topics include organometallics, carbon-chain homologation, radical chemistry, asymmetric C-C bond formation, and other types. This is a key resource for students, professionals, and academics in organic chemistry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470085073 20160528
- This guide provides a comprehensive and authoritative review of name reactions on homologation. Each section includes a description of the reaction, the historical perspective, a mechanism for the reaction, variations and improvements on the reaction, synthetic utilities of the reaction, experimental details, and current references to the primary literature. The primary topics include organometallics (palladium, organozinc, organocopper, other organometallics), carbon-chain homologation, (rearrangement, concerted rearrangement, cationic rearrangement, anionic rearrangement, other rearrangements), radical chemistry, asymmetric C-C bond formation, and other types (such as Cannizzaro disproportionation, Eschenmoser coupling, Mannich, Mitsunobu, Passerini, and Ugi).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470467213 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9780470085073 (pt. 1 : cloth)
- 047008507X (pt. 1 : cloth)
- 9780470464984 (pt. 2 : cloth)
- 0470464984 (pt. 2 : cloth)
- 9780470467213 (set : cloth)
- 0470467215 (set : cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: