Dewey's Democracy and education revisited : contemporary discourses for democratic education and leadership
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvi, 402 p. ; 24 cm.
LB875 .D5 D48 2009
- Unknown LB875 .D5 D48 2009
- Jenlink, Patrick M.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction: Dewey's Democracy and education revisited
- Dewey's legacy for democratic education and leadership / Patrick M. Jenlink
- A continuing leadership agenda / Robert J. Starratt
- The criteria of good aims and the idea of the curriculum standard / Peter Hlebowitsh
- What kind of democracy should public schools promote? A challenge for educational leaders in a No Child Left Behind environment / Raymond A. Horn Jr.
- Democratic foundations of social education / Jarod Lambert
- John Dewey, still ahead of his time / Timothy B. Jones
- Dewey, democratic leadership, and art / Kathy Sernak
- The mis-underestimation of the value of aesthetics in public education / John Leonard and Lee Stewart
- Leadership and democracy : creating inclusive schools / Reitumetse Obakeng Mabokela and Jean A. Madsen
- Education for democratic culture/cultural democracy : taking a critical pragmatic turn / Patrick M. Jenlink and Karen Embry Jenlink
- Learning walks away : the erasure of democracy from education / Clay Baulch
- Transforming the school into a democratically practiced place : Dewey's democracy as spatial practice / Patrick M. Jenlink
- On the corruption of democracy and education / Duncan Waite and Susan Field Waite
- Creating democratic relationships / Andrew Kaplan
- Scholar-practitioner leadership : revitalizing the democratic ideal in American schools and society / Nichole E. Bourgeois
- Coda: Realizing new vistas of democratic education / Patrick M. Jenlink.
- Publication date
- edited by Patrick M. Jenlink.
- 9781607091240 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607091257 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607091264 (electronic)
- 1607091240 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607091259 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607091267 (electronic)