Educational reform in Africa : essays on curriculum, libraries, counseling, and grade levels
- edited by Valentine U. James and James S. Etim ; with a foreword by Fedelis Ikem.
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xix, 397 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA1501 .E393 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Foreword by Fedelis Ikem-- Introduction - James Etim and Valentine James-- Part I: Philosophy and Economic Considerations-- A Philosophy of Education for Nigerian Women: Problems and Prospects - Andrew F. Uduigwomen-- Economic and Econometric Evidence for and against Private Income And Employment Benefits of Education in Africa - Ruth Uwaifo Oyelere-- Financing Education in Eritrea - Ravinder Rena-- Education in Nigeria: Towards a Positive Development - Tola Olujuwon-- The Role of Research and Educational Institutes in Nigeria's Sustainable Agricultural Development - S. Tunji Titilola-- Part II: Implementation and Curriculum Reform-- Repositioning the Junior Secondary School in Nigeria in the Information Age - James Etim-- Contemporary Reforms in the Nigerian Tertiary Education System - Bassey Ubong and Addison M. Wokocha-- Competencies Exhibited by Professionally Qualified Teachers in Nigerian Secondary Schools - Nwachukwu P. Ololube-- Part III: Reforms at K-16 Levels-- The Introduction of Free Primary Education in Kenya - James Stanfeld-- School Reform: A Case Study of Primary Education in Botswana - Mojeed K. Akinsola and Josiah O. Ajiboye-- Universal Primary Education and Universal Basic Education - Stephen U. Bassey-- Colleges of Education and the Preparation of Teachers for Universal Basic Education - Bassey Ubong-- Growth in Nigerian Universities: Changing for the Better - James Etim-- Agricultural Education: The Role of Universities in Agriculture - Joel Oke-- Part IV: Information Use, Library and Information Sciences-- The Role of Information and Communication Technology - Alice Etim-- Faculty and Student Use of Library Services - Okon Ani and Bassey A. Bassey-- Part V: Guidance-- Guidance and Counseling Challenges in the 21st Century - Daniel Denga and Hannah Denga-- Comparative Effectiveness of Two Training Technologies - Eno Ntukidem, Sarah Oden, Hannah Denga, and Suzanna Umoh.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Examines issues in African education ranging from the philosophy of education for women and guidance and counseling challenges, to the role of information and telecommunications technology in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780773448490 (hbk.)
- 0773448497 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: