Chirality at the nanoscale : nanoparticles, surfaces, materials and more
- edited by David B. Amabilino.
- Weinheim [Germany] : Wiley-VCH, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxii, 418 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Amabilino, David B.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- An introduction to chirality at the nanoscale. Optically active supramolecules. Chiral Nanoparticles. Gels as a media for functional chiral nanofibers. Expression of chirality in polymers. Nanoscale exploration of molecular and supramolecular chirality at metal surfaces under ultrahigh-vacuum conditions. Expression of chirality on physisorbed monolayers observed by scanning tunnelling microscopy. Structure and function of chiral architectures of amphiphilic molecules at the air/water interface. Nanoscale stereochemistry in liquid crystals. The nanoscale aspects of chirality in crystal growth: Structure and heterogeneous equilibria. Switching at the nanoscale: Chiroptical machines and switches Chiral nanoporous materials.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the only standard reference in this exciting new field that combines the physical, chemical and material science perspectives in a synergic way. This monograph traces the development of the preparative methods employed to create nanostructures, in addition to the experimental techniques used to characterize them, as well as some of the surprising physical effects. The chapters cover every category of material, from organic to coordination compounds, metals and composites, in zero, one, two and three dimensions. The book also reviews structural, chemical, optical, and other physical properties, finishing with a look at the future for chiral nanosystems.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9783527320134 (hbk.)
- 352732013X (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: