Historia scholastica : manuscript fragment
- Latin. Latin.
- [France, mid-14th century]
- Physical description
- 1 bifolium (a total of 8 columns of 38 lines each) : vellum; 29 cm.
- Petrus, Comestor, active 12th century
- The HISTORIA SCHOLASTICA is a continuous biblical history from the Creation to the Ascension based on the Old Testament, the Gospels, and the Acts, supplemented by references to the Church Fathers and other authors. This text contains commentaries on I Kings 23-4, and II Kings 10-12, and deals extensively with King David, including his adultery and murder of Uriah.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Gothic script, brown ink.
- Ruled lightly with plummet, rubrics filled in but spaces for two-line initials left blank.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2009. Accession 2009-142.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: