Wendingen archive, 1918-1931
- Dutch. In Dutch.
- Amsterdam : MHCHIJ De Hooge Brug.
- Physical description
- 8 linear feet (12 clamshell boxes of original journals, 2 flat boxes of manuscript material, 1 original artwork of cover, framed)
- Corporate Author
- Wendingen (journal)
- Organization & arrangement
- Boxes 1-12 arranged by volume number; boxes 13 and 14 contain related archival material. Framed item is housed separately.
- A complete run of the review, together with an archive of related material including the finished original drawing by Jesserun de Mesquita for one of the covers (vol. IX, no. 1, 19128), two original drawings for page layouts, and other items.
- Feininger, Lyonel, 1871-1956.
- Gray, Eileen, 1878-1976.
- Hoffmann, Josef.
- Jessurun de Mesquita, Samuel, 1868-1944.
- Klimt, Gustav, 1862-1918.
- Mendelsohn, Erich, 1887-1953.
- Toorop, Jan Theodoor, 1858-1928.
- Wijdeveld, H. Th., 1885-1987.
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959.
- Art > Netherlands > Periodicals.
- Architecture > Netherlands > Periodicals.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2009. Accession 2009-085
- Published between 1918 and 1931, virtually all of the 116 issues were edited and designed by Hendrik Theodorus Wijdeveld, a Dutch architect and designer. Famous primarily for its focus on modern architecture, art, and design, WENDINGEN includes special numbers on Frank Lloyd Wright (in seven issues), Josef Hoffmann, Erich Mendelsohn, Eileen Gray, Jan Toorop (two issues), Gustav Klimt, and Lyonel Feininger. Other issues feature woodcuts, ancient oriental art and architecture, worker housing, Balinese puppetry, and many other topics.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Unpublished guide available.
- Included Work
- Wendingen : maandblad voor bouwen en sieren
Browse related items
Start at call number: