- M. Shifman, A. Yung.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 259 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Cambridge monographs on mathematical physics.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC174.26 .W28 S44 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 248-255) and indexes.
- 1. Introduction-- Part I. Short Excursion: 2. Central charges in superalgebras-- 3. The main building blocks-- Part II. Long Journey: 4. Non-Abelian strings-- 5. Less supersymmetry-- 6. Non-BPS non-Abelian strings-- 7. Strings on the Higgs branches-- 8. Domain walls as D-brane prototypes-- 9. Wall-string junctions-- 10. Conclusions-- Appendixes-- References-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521516389 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In the last decade methods and techniques based on supersymmetry have provided deep insights in quantum chromodynamics and other nonsupersymmetric gauge theories at strong coupling. This book summarizes major advances in critical solitons in supersymmetric theories, and their implications for understanding basic dynamical regularities of nonsupersymmetric theories. After an extended introduction on the theory of critical solitons, including a historical introduction, the authors focus on three topics: non-Abelian strings and confined monopoles; reducing the level of supersymmetry; and domain walls as D brane prototypes. They also provide a thorough review of issues at the cutting edge, such as non-Abelian flux tubes. The book presents an extensive summary of the current literature so researchers in this field can understand the background and related issues.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521516389 20160528
- Publication date
- Cambridge monographs on mathematical physics
- 9780521516389 (cloth)
- 0521516382 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: