Managing noncompliance and defiance in the classroom : a road map for teachers, specialists, and behavior support teams
- Geoff Colvin ; foreword by Randy Sprick.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 134 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .C65 2009||Unknown|
- Colvin, Geoffrey, 1941-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 125-129) and index.
- Foreword by Randy Sprick Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction Part I. Understanding Noncompliant Behavior 1. Urgency of the Problem 2. Defining Noncompliant Behavior 3. Systematically Assessing Noncompliant Behavior Part II. Designing Intervention Plans for Noncompliant Behavior 4. Immediate Triggers 5. Setting Events 6. Effects of the Noncompliant Behavior 7. Putting It All Together 8. The Road Map Appendices References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412960892 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book lets you understand the reasons behind non compliant behavior and use proven interventions in the classroom! This book provides teachers with an in-depth understanding of the many behaviors students exhibit in the classroom, especially noncompliance and defiance. School safety and student behavior expert Geoff Colvin fully describes and illustrates a procedure for assessing non compliant behavior and identifying key factors that contribute to and foster this challenging problem behavior. The book offers a systematic approach for using an array of evidence-based strategies for each contributing factor to reduce non compliant behavior and establish cooperation. This is an ideal resource for teachers, behavior specialists, and behavior support teams that provides: details for understanding and assessing noncompliance and defiance; procedural guidelines to assist readers in developing systematic intervention plans based on assessment information and available strategies; case studies and examples of the model in action; and, additional resources to help readers pursue further information as needed.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412960892 20160528
- Publication date
- Includes one folded tear-out: Master chart for FBA and intervention plan; and Glossary of terms for FBA strategies.
- 9781412960885 (cloth)
- 1412960886 (cloth)
- 9781412960892 (pbk.)
- 1412960894 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: