Successful transition programs : pathways for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- John McDonnell, Michael L. Hardman.
- 2nd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxi, 393 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC4019 .M34 2010
- Unknown LC4019 .M34 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 341-381) and index.
- Section I. Foundations of Transition Programs 1. Historical and Legislative Foundations - Michael L. Hardman and Shirley Ann Dawson 2. Expected Outcomes and Emerging Values - Margret A. Crockett and Michael L. Hardman 3. The Role of Secondary Education in Transition - Margret A. Crockett and Michael L. Hardman Section II. Curriculum and Transition Planning 4. Curriculum - John McDonnell 5. Developing IEPs/Transition Plans - Shamby Polychronis and John McDonnell 6. Promoting Self-Determination - Jayne McGuire 7. Parent and Family Involvement - Andrea P. McDonnell and Catherine Nelson Section III. Instruction and Educational Supports 8. Inclusion in General Education Classes - John McDonnell and Brigid E. Brown 9. Instruction in Community Settings - John McDonnell Section IV. Critical Program Components 10. Home and Community Living - J. Matt Jameson and John McDonnell 11. Leisure and Recreation - Tessie Rose 12. Employment Training - John McDonnell 13. Job Placement - John McDonnell Section V. Postschool Options 14. Postschool Residential Alternatives - Tim Riesen 15. Postschool Employment Alternatives - Tim Riesen 16. Transition to Postsecondary Education - John McDonnell, Sharlene A. Kiuhara, and Margaret Collier Developing IEPs/Transition Plans - Shamby Polychronis, John McDonnell Expected Outcomes and Emerging Values - Margret Crockett, Michael Hardman Historical and Legislative Foundations - Michael Hardman, Shirley Dawson Home and Community Living - J Jameson, John McDonnell Instruction in Community Settings - John McDonnell Leisure and Recreation - Tessie Rose Parent and Family Involvement - Andrea McDonnell, Catherine Nelson Promoting Self-Determination - Jayne McGuire The Role of Secondary Education in Transition - Margret Crockett, Michael Hardman Transition to Postsecondary Education - John McDonnell, Sharlene Kiuhara, Margaret Collier Postschool Residential Alternatives - Tim Riesen.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Transitions for Students with Severe Disabilities" presents transition programs for students with moderate and severe disabilities from school to community life. Taking the position that the most effective transition programs are those that cumulatively build on the capacity of students for employment, community living, and citizenship, the authors address the full range of curricular and instructional issues that face professionals working in primary school, secondary school, and post-A level programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of: Transition programs for students with moderate/severe disabilities. Pacific Grove, Calif. : Brooks/Cole Pub. Co., c1996.
- Related Work
- McDonnell, John, 1954- Transition programs for students with moderate/severe disabilities.
- 9781412960212 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412960215 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412960205 (hbk.)
- 1412960207 (hbk.)