Leading for learning : how to transform schools into learning organizations
- Phillip C. Schlechty.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Physical description
- xx, 324 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .S337 2009||Unknown|
- Schlechty, Phillip C., 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 313-318) and index.
- Preface. Acknowledgments. About the Author. PART ONE. Chapter 1: Case for Transformation. Chapter 2: Systems and Technology Change. Chapter 3: Bureaucracies vs. Learning Organizations. Chapter 4: Bureaucratic Images of Schools. Chapter 5: A New Image of Schools. PART TWO: GETTING OUR BEARINGS: THE SOCIOPOLITICAL LANDSCAPE. Chapter 6: Bureaucratic Impulse. Chapter 7: Reassessing Standards. Chapter 8: Restoring Civic Capacity and Building Social Capital: Two Keys to School Transformation. PART THREE: TAKING THE FIRST STEPS: HOW TRANSFORMATION CAN HAPPEN. Chapter 9: Painting a New Image of Schools. Chapter 10: Creating the Capacity to Support Innovation. Chapter 11: Transforming Standards into Sources of Direction. Chapter 12: A Theory of Action. Chapter 13: Leading from the Heart and Recapturing our Heritage. PART FOUR. Appendix A. Appendix B. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787994341 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- How do schools compete with television, computer games, and the Internet to engage the hearts and minds of their students? Phil Schlechty argues that we must develop schools where innovation is encouraged, and students are given work that is truly rigorous, relevant, and exciting. In making this transition, educators must move beyond some of the deeply ingrained and negative conceptions that guide so much of their practice. To help them do this, Schlechty offers them the framework, tools, and processes to transform their schools into true learning organizations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787994341 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780787994341 (pbk.)
- 0787994340 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: