Qualitative research : a guide to design and implementation
- Sharan B. Merriam.
- 2nd ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvi, 304 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028 .M396 2009||At Green Library circulation desk|
- Merriam, Sharan B.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 271-286) and indexes.
- Preface. The Author. PART ONE: THE DESIGN OF QUALITATIVE RESEARCH. 1. What Is Qualitative Research? 2. Types of Qualitative Research. 3. Qualitative Case Study Research. 4. Designing Your Study and Selecting a Sample. PART TWO: COLLECTING QUALITATIVE DATA. 5. Conducting Effective Interviews. 6. Being a Careful Observer. 7. Mining Data from Documents. PART THREE: ANALYZING AND REPORTING QUALITATIVE DATA. 8. Qualitative Data Analysis. 9. Dealing with Validity, Reliability, and Ethics. 10. Writing Qualitative Research Reports. Appendix: The Methodology Section of a Qualitative Research Study. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470283547 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Praise for the "Third Edition of Qualitative Research" - 'Sharan B. Merriam synthesizes twenty years of developments in qualitative research with clarity and acumen' - Michael Quinn Patton, author, "Qualitative Research and Evaluation Methods". 'Here is a qualitative research methods book that reinforces the connection between professional experience and qualitative inquiry' - Robert Stake, author, "The Art of Case Study Research and Multiple Case Study Analysis". 'In this new edition, Sharan Merriam once again presents the world of qualitative research in language engaging and accessible for new and experienced readers alike. If you can have only one book about qualitative research, this is it' - Patricia M. Reeves, associate professor, School of Social Work, University of Georgia. 'Mystified by qualitative research? You couldn't ask for a better guide than Sharan Merriam, who introduces you to the fundamental concepts of this research method, explains its complex forms, and then shows you exactly how to do a high-quality qualitative study' - M. Carolyn Clark, coeditor, "The International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470283547 20160528
- Publication date
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- "Revised and expanded from Qualitative research and case study applications in education."
- Related Work
- Merriam, Sharan B. Qualitative research and case study applications in education.
- 9780470283547 (paper)
- 0470283548 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: