Successful inclusion for students with Autism : creating a complete, effective ASD inclusion program
LC4718 .B64 2009
- Unknown LC4718 .B64 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -300) and index.
- About This Book. About the Author. Foreword. Introduction. I Basic Information on Autism Spectrum Disorders and Inclusion. 1 Understanding the Unique Characteristics of Individuals with ASD. 2 Reviewing the Context of Inclusion for Students with ASD. 3 Examining the Legal Guidelines for Appropriate Placement. II Considerations Before Creating an Inclusion Program. 4 Determining Least Restrictive Environment Services and Placement for Students with ASD. 5 Designing an Appropriate Inclusive Education Program. 6 Defining Roles and Responsibilities of Inclusive Education. III Establishment of the Inclusion Program. 7 Initiating the Inclusion Process. 8 Facilitating Students' Education Within General Education. 9 Managing Behavior in the General Education Classroom. 10 Facilitating Social and Communication Skills in the General Education Classroom. IV Program Maintenance and Evaluation of Inclusion Program. 11 Evaluating the Inclusion Program and Student Progress 12 Facilitating Successful Transitions to a New Classroom. Conclusion. Glossary. Notes. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This indispensable guide - based on a proven model that's being adopted in schools in the U.S. and abroad - helps educators to establish and maintain a successful inclusion program for children in the autism spectrum. Autism specialist Sonja de Boer guides readers step by step through the process, offering specific information on topics such as key roles and responsibilities, teaching and behavior intervention strategies, ongoing program assessment, and evaluating student progress. The book includes helpful forms and checklists that facilitate implementation of the inclusion process and the evaluation of students' progress within the program. Sonja R. de Boer, PhD, BCBA (Seattle, WA), is a behavior analyst and educational consultant for early intervention services for children with autism spectrum disorders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Sonja R. de Boer ; foreword by Richard Simpson.
- Jossey-Bass teacher
- Grades PreK-6.
- 9780470230800 (pbk.)
- 0470230800 (pbk.)