Rudolph, Frosty, and Captain Kangaroo : the musical life of Hecky Krasnow, producer of the world's most beloved children's songs : a memoir
- by Judy Gail Krasnow.
- Santa Monica, CA : Santa Monica Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- 408 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|ML429 .K88 K73 2007||Unknown|
- Krasnow, Judy Gail, 1942-
- A gut instinct produces a classic
- The violin and the fiddler
- Hard times and new beginnings
- A profession for the fiddler
- Ballads and baseball
- Pink and blue
- Another "Gene" and a Hunter
- Josef Marais and Miranda
- Success creates a market
- A rhino named Rhumpy and a tuba named Tubby
- Rosie becomes a household name
- A bitter divorce
- A red caboose, a harpsichord, and Horn & Hardart's
- Television, cowboys, marbles, and McCarthy
- A tribute at the rodeo
- Parties and payola
- Westward ho!
- A little red monkey and a marriage
- Veal scaloppini
- Goodbye McCarthy, welcome back Burl, hello Art Carney
- A doctor, a Bishop, Disney, and a Captain named Kangaroo
- Riding the crest of the wave
- What goes up must come down
- A singer named Nina and a trio named Chad Mitchell
- A wedding song, lullaby at the zoo, a fiddle again.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- 9781595800268 (hbk.)
- 1595800263 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: