Literacy instruction for adolescents : research-based practice
- New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvii, 526 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LB1632 .L55 2009
- Unknown LB1632 .L55 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Thorough and accessible, this professional resource and text shows how the latest research in adolescent literacy can be translated into effective practice in middle and high school classrooms. Leading authorities discuss findings on the adolescent learner, addressing such essential topics as comprehension, content-area literacy, differentiated instruction, gender differences in literacy learning, and English language learners. With a focus on evidence-based methods, coverage ranges from techniques for building digital literacy and comprehension skills to strategies for flexible grouping and writing instruction. Ideal for courses in adolescent literacy, each chapter includes guiding questions, discussion questions, and classroom examples.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Karen D. Wood, William E. Blanton.
- 1606231235 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781606231234 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1606231189 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781606231180 (pbk. : alk. paper)