Literacy instruction for adolescents : research-based practice
- edited by Karen D. Wood, William E. Blanton.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvii, 526 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1632 .L55 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Thorough and accessible, this professional resource and text shows how the latest research in adolescent literacy can be translated into effective practice in middle and high school classrooms. Leading authorities discuss findings on the adolescent learner, addressing such essential topics as comprehension, content-area literacy, differentiated instruction, gender differences in literacy learning, and English language learners. With a focus on evidence-based methods, coverage ranges from techniques for building digital literacy and comprehension skills to strategies for flexible grouping and writing instruction. The book is ideal for courses in adolescent literacy, each chapter includes guiding questions, discussion questions, and classroom examples.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606231180 20160528
- Publication date
- 1606231235 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781606231234 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1606231189 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781606231180 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: