Lesson design for differentiated instruction, grades 4-9
- Kathy Tuchman Glass ; foreword by H. Lynn Erickson.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxi, 193 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.4 .G53 2009||Unknown|
- Glass, Kathy Tuchman.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 185-187) and index.
- List of Figures Foreword Preface Acknowledgments About the Author 1. Differentiated Instruction and Strategies Differentiated Instruction Definition: Content, Process, Product Student Characteristics: Readiness, Interest, Learning Profile Differentiated Strategy Suggestions 2. Differentiated Lesson Design Overview of Lesson Components Comprehensive Differentiated Lesson Samples 3. Standards, Concepts, and Guiding Questions How Do Teachers Develop Unit and Lesson Guiding Questions How Do Teachers Use Guiding Questions in the Classroom? 4. Assessment in a Differentiated Classroom Types of Assessments Assessment Examples 5. Additional Lesson-Planning Components for Differentiated Curriculum Resources Timing Skills and Activities Student Grouping Teaching Strategies Extensions 6. Closing References and Further Reading Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412959827 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- 'The book provides helpful background information as well as a wide variety of examples of differentiated lessons, resource guides, reproducible templates, and a selection of grading tools ranging from rubrics to graphic organizers' - Allan Varni, Instructor and Regional Coordinator, Division of Continuing Education, University of San Diego. 'Glass examines the constructs of masterful teaching and makes them accessible to all. Her intensely practical and forthright approach allows readers to immediately translate the concepts of differentiation into their classrooms' - Modell Marlow Andersen, Director of Educational Services, Hillsborough City School District, CA. Develop effective differentiated lessons that meet students' individual learning needs! Differentiation allows teachers to target student needs and engage all students according to their learning preferences. Designed for teachers who are new to differentiating instruction, this book provides step-by-step guidance for creating meaningful lessons in language arts, math, science, and social studies at the upper elementary and middle school levels. Kathy Tuchman Glass helps teachers develop confidence and expertise in differentiating lessons, units, and assessments and provides a detailed planning template, numerous examples, and reproducibles. This user-friendly resource provides an overview of differentiation based on the backward design model. It discusses strategies for differentiating content, process, and product. It helps teachers organize lessons around guiding or essential questions for students to explore. It shows how to take students' learning characteristics (readiness, interests, learning styles) into consideration when planning lessons. "Lesson Design for Differentiated Instruction, Grades 4-9" helps teachers plan differentiated lessons that will promote learning for every student.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412959827 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412959810 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412959810 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412959827 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412959829 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: