The journey for inclusive education in the Indian sub-continent
- Mithu Alur and Michael Bach.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xxii, 315 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education 23.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1203 .I43 A48 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -308) and index.
- Introduction: Beginning the Journey Part I: Building a Movement for Inclusion 1. Sowing The Seeds of a Movement for Education of Disabled Children 2. Forgotten Millions Revealed: Macro-level Exclusion 3. Rationale for Change: Promoting Inclusive Education within a Human Rights Framework Part II: Transforming Schools, Community And Pedagogy Through Research and Action Research 4. Dismantling the Specialist School and Whole School Development 5. The Story of Dharavi 6. Transforming Pedagogy 7. Analysis: Lessons Learned about Transforming Schools, Community and Pedagogy Part III: Developing Sustainable System Change 8. From Charity to Rights: The Story of ADAPT: Able/Disabled All People Together 9. Changing Public Awareness 10. Moving the Agenda Forward 11. Changing Public Policy on a National Level 12. Lessons Learned about Systemic and Macro Change. Notes. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415988766 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Describes a change initiative in India to enable children with disabilities to move from segregation and exclusion to inclusive education, and draws lessons for confronting global exclusion.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415988766 20160527
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Routledge research in education ; 23
- 9780415988766 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415988764 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203881866 (ebook)
- 0203881869 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: