Evaluating electronic portfolios in teacher education
- edited by Pete Adamy, Natalie B. Milman.
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 120 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Research methods in educational technology
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1728 .E93 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction, Natalie B. Milman and Pete Adamy-- Teacher's Self-Assessment of Reflection Skills as an Outcome of E-Folios, Robert J. Beck and Sharon L. Bear-- Direct Evidence and the Continuous Evolution of Teacher Practice, Arthur Recesso, Michael Hannafin, Feng Wang, Benjamin Deaton, Peter Rich and Craig Shepherd-- A Five-Step Model for Enhancing Electronic Teaching Portfolios, Andrea Bartlett-- Too New a Tale to Tell?: Issues in Evaluating E-Portfolio Systems and Implementations, Bruce Havelock-- Web-Based Digital Teaching Portfolios: What Happens After They Graduate? Natalie B. Milman-- Focusing on Change in Individual Teachers' Practices Over Time: An Evaluation Model for Electronic Portfolios in Teacher Education, Pete Adamy and Natalie B. Milman.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607520320 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- A volume in Research Methods in Educational Technology Series Editor Walter F. Heinecke, University of Virginia While Research on the effectiveness of electronic portfolios for assessment and accreditation is emerging, many who are now using, or who are beginning to use, electronic portfolios are looking to justify the cost and effort involved. The purposes of this volume are to create an in-depth portrait of ways in which electronic portfolios efforts can be evaluated effectively, and to provide examples of e-folio evaluation in the form of case studies. The intention of these chapters is to serve as models for assessment and evaluation of electronic portfolios in teacher education, as well as to spark further investigations on this tool that is becoming ubiquitous in so many SCDE's across the United States and abroad.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781607520320 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781607520320 (hbk.)
- 160752032X (hbk.
- 9781607520313 (pbk.)
- 1607520311 (pbk.)
- 9781593117061 (pbk.)
- 159311706X (pbk.)
- 9781593117078 (hardcover)
- 1593117078 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: