Handbook of research on the education of school leaders
- New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 570 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LB2831.82 .H36 2009
- Unknown LB2831.82 .H36 2009
- Young, Michelle D.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Tables List of Figures Preface Acknowledgements Introduction: Exploring the Broad Terrain of Leadership Preparation in Education, Joseph Murphy, Michelle D. Young, Gary M. Crow and Rodney T. Ogawa 1. The Landscape of Scholarship on the Education of School Leaders, 1985--2006, Robert B. Kottkamp and Edith A. Rusch 2. An Historical Review of Research and Development Activities Pertaining to the Preparation of School Leaders, Martha M. McCarthy and Patrick B. Forsyth 3. The Context of University-Based Educational Leadership Preparation, Donald Lamagdeleine, Brendan D. Maxcy, Diana G. Pounder and Cynthia J. Reed 4. Research on Leadership Preparation in a Global Context, Jacky Lumby, Allan Walker, Miles Bryant, Tony Bush and Lars G. Bjork-- edited by Jacky Lumby and Miles Bryant 5. Candidates in Educational Leadership Graduate Programs, Tricia Browne-Ferrigno and Rodney Muth 6. Characteristics, Preparation, and Professional Development of Educational Leadership Faculty, Donald G. Hackmann, Scott C. Bauer, Nelda H. Cambron-McCabe and David M. Quinn 7. Curriculum in Leadership Preparation: Understanding Where We Have Been in Order to Know Where We Might Go, Karen F. Osterman and Madeline M. Hafner 8. Pedagogy, Dianne L. Taylor, Paula A. Cordeiro and Janet H. Chrispeels 9. The Use of Internships in Preparing School Leaders, Bruce G. Barnett, Michael A. Copland and Alan R. Shoho 10. The Design and Delivery of Leadership Preparation, Margaret Grogan, Paul V. Bredeson, Whitney H. Sherman, Stacey Preis and Danna M. Beaty 11. Student Assessment in Educational Leadership Preparation Programs: Looking at our Past, Examining our Present, and Framing our Future, Frances K. Kochan and Demetriss L. Locke 12. Program Evaluation in Leadership Preparation and Related Fields, Margaret Terry Orr with Margaret E. Barber 13. Comprehensive Leadership Development: A Portrait of Programs, Carolyn Kelley and James J. Shaw 14. Establishing Meaningful Leadership Mentoring in School Settings: Transcending Simplistic Rhetoric, Self-Congratulation, and Claims of Panacea, Steven Jay Gross Conclusion: Moving Forward on Research for Enriching the Education of School Leaders, Gary M. Crow, Michelle D. Young, Joseph Murphy and Rodney T. Ogawa Contributors Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Sponsored by the University Council of Educational Administration (UCEA), Division A of AERA, National Council of Professors in Educational Administration, and Teaching in Educational Administration, this fifty chapter handbook will be the definitive work on leadership education in the USA. Although research oriented, the content is written in a style that makes it appropriate for any of the following audiences: university professors and researchers, professional development providers, practicing administrators, and policy makers who work in the accreditation and licensure arenas.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, Michelle D. Young ... [et al.].
- 9780805861570 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805861572 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780805861587 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805861580 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203878866 (ebook)
- 0203878868 (ebook)