Biscuit, cookie and cracker manufacturing manuals [electronic resource]
- Duncan Manley.
- Cambridge, England : Woodhead Publishing, 1998.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Background to the biscuit industry-- Hygiene and safety aspects-- Problem solving-- The function of biscuit packs-- Types of packaging materials-- Types of pack and associated wrapping machines-- Feeding biscuits into wrapping machines-- Biscuit handling and storage before packaging-- Post wrapping operations-- Storage and warehouse handling-- Care, cleaning and maintenance.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732971 20160618
- Background to the biscuit industry-- Hygiene and safety aspects-- Problem solving-- Types of biscuit dough-- Types of dough mixer-- Mixing the dough-- Metering of ingredients into mixers-- Handling dough after mixing-- Care, maintenance and cleaning of machinery.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732933 20160618
- Background to the biscuit industry-- Hygiene and safety aspects-- Wheat, flour and other cereals-- Sugars and syrups-- Fats oils and butter-- Dairy products-- Dried fruit and nuts-- Yeast-- Enzymes-- Flavours and spices-- Chemicals-- Chocolate and cocoa.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732926 20161010
- Publisher's Summary
- The final manual describes the range of packaging options available together with storage and handling, highlighting the key issues in retaining product quality.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732971 20160618
- This manual describes the various types of biscuit dough, the key stages in dough mixing and handling, and identifies potential problem areas and solutions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732933 20160618
- This manual explains the principles and machinery involved in baking and post-baking processes, and the key issues in maintaining both quality and throughput.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732957 20160618
- This manual takes readers through such secondary processes as coating, sandwiching and icing, concentrating on common production problems and how they can be solved.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732964 20160618
- This stage in biscuit production is often a source of problems. The author identifies what these problems are at each stage, explains their causes and how they can be resolved.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732940 20160618
- This manual identifies the quality parameters and describes each ingredient by type, function, handling and storage.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781855732926 20161010
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Norwich, N.Y. : Knovel, 2001. System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to users at licensed institutions.
- Included Work
- Biscuit doughs.
- Biscuit dough piece forming.
- Baking and cooling of biscuits.
- Secondary processing in biscuit manufacturing.
- Biscuit packaging and storage.
- 1591242894 (manual 1 : electronic bk.)
- 1591242614 (manual 2 : electronic bk.)
- 1591242606 (manual 3 : electronic bk.)
- 1591242665 (manual 4 : electronic bk.)
- 1591242673 (manual 5 : electronic bk.)
- 1591242576 (manual 6 : electronic bk.)
- 1855732920 (manual 1)
- 1855732939 (manual 2)
- 1855732947 (manual 3)
- 1855732955 (manual 4)
- 1855732963 (manual 5)
- 1855732971 (manual 6)
- 9781591242895 (manual 1 : electronic bk.)
- 9781591242611 (manual 2 : electronic bk.)
- 9781591242604 (manual 3 : electronic bk.)
- 9781591242666 (manual 4 : electronic bk.)
- 9781591242673 (manual 5 : electronic bk.)
- 9781591242574 (manual 6 : electronic bk.)