- Oscar Hijuelos.
- New York : Atheneum Books for Young Readers, c2008.
- Physical description
- 439 p. ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3558 .I376 D37 2008||Unknown|
- Hijuelos, Oscar.
- In the 1960s, Rico Fuentes, a pale-skinned Cuban American teenager, abandons drug-infested New York City for the picket fence and apple pie world of Wisconsin, only to discover that he still feels like an outsider and that violent and judgmental people can be found even in the wholesome Midwest.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Self-perception > Fiction.
- Coming of age > Fiction.
- Cuban Americans > Fiction.
- Wisconsin > History > 20th century > Fiction.
- Self-perception > Juvenile fiction.
- Coming of age > Juvenile fiction.
- Cuban Americans > Juvenile fiction.
- Wisconsin > History > 20th century > Juvenile fiction.
- Local subject
- American Library Association Best Books for YA 2009
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: