Assessment for reading instruction
LB1050.46 .M35 2009
- Unknown LB1050.46 .M35 2009
- Stahl, Katherine A. Dougherty.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 277-284) and index.
- Introduction to Reading Assessment. General Concepts of Assessment. Informal Reading Inventories and Other Measures of Oral Reading. Emergent Literacy. Word Recognition and Spelling. Fluency. Comprehension. Strategic Knowledge. Affective Factors. Preparing a Reading Clinic Report. Appendix: Case Studies.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Regarded as the standard resource on reading assessment, this teacher guide and widely adopted text combines essential background knowledge with indispensable hands-on tools. The book provides a clear framework for planning, administering, scoring, and interpreting a wide range of formal and informal assessments, and for using the results to improve instruction. Practical, easy-to-understand examples illustrate effective ways to evaluate K-8 students' strengths and weaknesses in each of the core competencies that good readers need to master. More than two dozen reproducibles are featured.This edition is fully updated and revised for even greater utility. It includes: expanded chapters on phonemic awareness and fluency; new sections on DIBELS and maze tasks, the popular, RTI-compatible protocols; and new reproducibles, including Tests of Phonemic Awareness, Checklist of Internet Strategies, and Adolescent Reading Attitudes Survey. A quick-reference table now summarizes all of the instruments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Michael C. McKenna, Katherine A. Dougherty Stahl.
- Solving problems in the teaching of literacy
- 9781606230350 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606230352 (pbk. : alk. paper)