The encyclopedia of positive psychology
- edited by Shane J. Lopez.
- Chichester, U.K. ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell Pub., 2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v. ; 27 cm.
- Lopez, Shane J.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- 300 entries of four different sizes (4500, 1500, 600, 400 words). Some entries include: Adaptability Altruism Awe Capitalization Character Close Relationships Coping Courage Creativity Education Emotional Intelligence Empathy Engagement Flow Forgiveness Friendship Gratitude Happiness Hope Humility Humor Insight Intimacy Joy Justice Kindness Leadership Learned Optimism Life Satisfaction Meaning Mental Health Moral Judgment Open-mindedness Optimism Positive Emotions Positive Youth Development Problem-Solving Psychological Capital Resilience Self-Determination Self-Efficacy Self-Esteem Spirituality Strength Successful Aging Talent Values Virtues Wisdom.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405161251 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Positive psychology, the pursuit of understanding optimal human functioning, is reshaping the scholarly and public views of how we see the science of psychology. "The Encyclopedia of Positive Psychology" provides a comprehensive and accessible summary of this growing area of scholarship and practice. It includes 288 specially commissioned entries written by 150 leading international researchers, educators, and practitioners in positive psychology. It covers: topics of interest across all social sciences as well as business and industry; the most current, extensive, and accessible treatment of the subject available; and, topical primer clarifies basic constructs and processes associated with positive psychology. It will be useful to students, teachers, practitioners, businesspeople, and policy makers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405161251 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781405161251 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 1405161256 (hardback : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: