Learning as a way of leading : lessons from the struggle for social justice
- Stephen Preskill, Stephen D. Brookfield.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 247 p. ; 24 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2805 .B76 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-242) and index.
- Preface. The Authors. 1 The Essence of Learning Leadership. 2 Learning to Be Open to the Contributions of Others. 3 Learning Critical Reflection. 4 Learning to Support the Growth of Others. 5 Learning Collective Leadership. 6 Learning to Analyze Experience. 7 Learning to Question. 8 Learning Democracy. 9 Learning to Sustain Hope in the Face of Struggle. 10 Learning to Create Community. 11 Appraising and Modeling Learning Leadership. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787978075 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers a systematic look at the connections between learning and leading and the use of learning to inspire and organize for change. It explores two interrelated dimensions of learning leadership: the ways leaders themselves learn about leadership practice, and the way leaders foster the learning of those they work with. The book focuses on a number of important leadership activities and adopts a case study approach to illuminate how leaders themselves learn, how they impart knowledge to others, and how they support others in becoming more effective and enduring learners.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780787978075 20160528
- Publication date
- The Jossey Bass higher and adult education series
- 9780787978075 (hbk.)
- 0787978078 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: