India : economic, political and social issues
- Urlah B. Nissam, editor.
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2009.
- Physical description
- x, 209 p. : ill., maps ; 27 cm.
- Nissam, Urlah B.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- India: Country Profile of Current Events-- India's Quest for Strategic Space in the "New" International Order: Locations, (Re) Orientations and Opportunities-- Policies and Mechanisms for Technology Transfer to SMEs in a Globalizing Economy-Indian Perspective-- India Trade Barriers and Trade Summary-- Maternity and Identity among Ethnically Indian Immigrant Women in Melbourne, Australia-- Bali-India Trade: Modern and Future Perspectives-- Efficiency in Production of Health: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Indian States-- India-U.S. Relations-- U.S.-India Nuclear Cooperation: A Side-By-Side Comparison of Current Legislation-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- India is the world's twelfth largest economy at market exchange rates and the third largest in purchasing power. Economic reforms have transformed it into the second fastest growing large economy; however, it still suffers from high levels of poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition and environmental degradation. A pluralistic, multilingual, and multiethnic society, India is also home to a diversity of wildlife in a variety of protected habitats. This book presents recent important issues dealing with India.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- East Indians > Australia > Melbourne (Vic.)
- Medical care > India.
- India > Foreign relations > 1984-
- India > Economic conditions > 1991-
- India > Social conditions > 1947-
- India > Politics and government > 1977-
- India > Foreign relations > United States.
- United States > Foreign relations > India.
- India > Commerce > Indonesia > Bali (Province)
- Bali (Indonesia : Province) > Commerce > India.
- Publication date
- 9781604565096 (cloth)
- 1604565098 (cloth)