Adolescents and adults with learning disabilities and ADHD : assessment and accommodation
- Noël Gregg ; foreword by Donald D. Deshler.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xix, 316 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4704.5 .G74 2009||Unknown|
- Gregg, Noel.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 251-306) and index.
- Why are accommodations important?
- Documentation for accommodation access
- Broad and specific cognitive processing
- Social, emotional, and behavioral assessment and accommodation
- Reading assessment and accommodation
- Writing assessment and accommodation
- Different symbol systems : mathematics, science, and second languages
- Accommodations on large-scale assessments.
- Publisher's Summary
- Most of the literature on learning disabilities and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) focuses on the needs of elementary-age children, but older students with these conditions also require significant support. Comprehensive and authoritative, this book helps educators and clinicians navigate the maze of laws, policies, and scientific research relating to diagnostic and intervention decision making for adolescents and adults. Leading expert Noel Gregg provides clear guidance on how to conduct and document evidence-based assessments and select appropriate instructional and testing accommodations. Featuring helpful case vignettes, decision-making flowcharts, and coverage of the latest assistive technologies, the book gives special attention to supporting students during the crucial transition from high school to higher education or vocational settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781606230343 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781606230343 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1606230344 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: