Beyond the UN charter : peace, security and the role of justice
- edited by Olivier Ribbelink.
- English, French. Essays in English and French.
- The Hague, the Netherlands : Hague Academic Press ; New York : Cambridge University Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xix, 209 p. ; 25 cm.
- From peace to justice series.
- From Peace to Justice (Conference) (2006 : Hague, Netherlands)
- Ribbelink, Olivier M.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part I. Beyond the United Nations Charter - Peace, Security and the Role of Justice:
- 1. Peace, Security and the Role of Justice Philippe Sands QC--
- 2. Les reactions aux nouvelles menaces ... la paix et ... la securite dans le cadre de la Charte des Nations Yves Daudet--
- 3. The Role of the International Criminal Court in an Emerging System of International Justice Navi Pillay--
- 4. Repenser la reforme du conseil de securite : representativite, transparence, performance Linos Alexandre Sicilianos-- Part II. International Politics and International Law - Military Intervention as a Legitimate Means:
- 5. The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty-- from Political Will to a Legally Binding Instrument and Beyond. A Case Study Jaap Ramaker--
- 6. Negotiating Peace, Security and Justice Paul Meerts--
- 7. Multinational Peace Support Operations: Problems and Prospects Kees Homan--
- 8. UN Reform and NATO Transformation: The Missing Link Dick A. Leurdijk--
- 9. Legitimation of Military Operations Leon Wecke-- Part III. A Case Study on Rwanda - How to Re-Establish Peace and Security after Genocide:
- 10. La repression du genocide des Rwandais Tutsi: d'Arusha vers les Collines Rwandaises Francois-Xavier Nsanzuwera--
- 11. La contribution des femmes Rwandaises a la creation d'une nouvelle situation de paix Jacqueline Rusilibya--
- 12. How the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda Is a Crucial Element in the Re-establishment of a New Situation of Peace and Security in Rwanda Hassan B. Jallow--
- 13. The Importance of Truth and Reconciliation Commissions to the Process of Re-Establishing a New Situation of Peace and Security in Rwanda Howard Varney.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This volume contains a selection of articles resulting from the third 'From Peace to Justice' conference, organised by the Hague Academic Coalition (HAC). It focuses on current and emerging threats to global security, identifies some of the most urgent new non-traditional threats and examines whether these can be addressed within the UN Charter framework. Views from a range of disciplines are presented and discussed, resulting in a diverse yet coherent compilation that is a useful resource for academics, international lawyers, judges, diplomats, political scientists, historians and NGOs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- From peace to justice series
- "This book is based on the annual Conference From Peace to Justice, 'Beyond the UN Charter: Peace, Security and the Role of Justice, ' held on 5 and 6 April 2007 [i.e. 2006] in The Hague, The Netherlands, organized by the Hague Academic Coalition"--P. facing t.p.
Browse related items
Start at call number: