The art and craft of screenwriting : fundamentals, methods and advice from insiders
- Shelly Frome.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 255 p. ; 23 cm.
- Frome, Shelly, 1935-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 247-249) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This work is a valuable guide for screenwriters and those interested in the screenwriting process, with important information on every facet of the screenwriter's trade. Introductory chapters discuss skills essential for all screenwriters, including an eye for the camera, the ability to juggle pieces of a story, knowledge of acting, and unique vision. The second section covers various options available to screenwriters (e.g., different genres, indie films, adaptation) with important methods for each. Part Three is a collection of the author's original interviews with a number of established and seasoned professionals, including an agent, Hollywood producer, indie producer, film festival director, actor, storyteller, and writing partners, among others.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780786434268 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780786434268 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0786434260 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: