Barack Obama : a pocket biography of our 44th president
- Steven J. Niven ; introduction by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 65 p. ; 16 cm.
- Niven, Steven J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -49).
- Publisher's Summary
- Affordable, readable, and indispensable, this pocket biography is accessible for anyone interested in a brief yet thorough introduction to Barack Obama. Steven J. Niven chronicles the new President's personal biography and his political rise, as well as examining his relationship with race and his role in history. The book also includes an introduction by the world-renowned scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and a bibliography for further reading to help readers know where to go for more information. In addition, the book includes a transcript of Obamas famous 'A More Perfect Union' speech on race in America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780195390780 20160528
- Obama, Barack.
- United States. Congress. Senate > Biography.
- Presidents > United States > Election > 2008.
- Political campaigns > United States > History > 21st century.
- Presidents > United States > Biography.
- Legislators > United States > Biography.
- African American legislators > Biography.
- Racially mixed people > United States > Biography.
- United States > Politics and government > 2001-2009
- Publication date
- 0195390784 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780195390780 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: