Concepts in quantum mechanics
- Vishnu Swarup Mathur, Surendra Singh.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 598 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- CRC series in pure and applied physics.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 591) and index.
- Need for Quantum Mechanics and its Physical Basis. Representation Theory. Equations of Motion. Problems of One-Dimensional Potential Barriers. Bound States of Simple Systems. Symmetries. Angular Momentum in Quantum Mechanics. Approximation Methods. Quantum Theory of Scattering. Time-Dependent Perturbation Theory. The Three-Body Problem. Relativistic Quantum Mechanics. Quantization of Radiation Field. Second Quantization. Epilogue: Consistency of Quantum Mechanics and the EPR Paradox.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420078725 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- Taking a conceptual approach to the subject, "Concepts in Quantum Mechanics" provides complete coverage of both basic and advanced topics. Following in the footsteps of Dirac's classic work "Principles of Quantum Mechanics", it explains all themes from first principles. The authors present alternative ways of representing the state of a physical system, outline the mathematical connection between the representatives of the same state in different representations, and highlight the connection between Dirac brackets and their integral forms in the coordinate and momentum representations.They also logically develop the equations of motion in Schrodinger and Heisenberg pictures. In addition, the book covers motion in the presence of potential steps and wells, bound state problems, symmetries and their consequences, the role of angular momentum in quantum mechanics, approximation methods, time-dependent perturbation methods, and second quantization. Written by authoritative professors who have taught quantum mechanics at the graduate level for a combined forty years, this textbook provides students with a strong foundation in quantum mechanics. After reading the book, students will be ready to take on quantum field theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420078725 20160527
- Quantum theory.
- Publication date
- CRC series in pure and applied physics
- "A Chapman & Hall book."
- Errata slip inserted.
- 9781420078725 (cloth)
- 1420078720 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: