Fundamentals of MRI : an interactive learning approach
- Elizabeth Berry, Andrew Bulpitt.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xvii, 298 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Series in medical physics and biomedical engineering.
Engineering Library (Terman)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QC762.6 .M34 B47 2009||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Fundamentals of MRI: An Interactive Learning Approach" explores the physical principles that underpin the technique of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). After covering background mathematics, physics, and digital imaging, the book presents fundamental physical principles, including magnetization and rotating reference frame. It describes how relaxation mechanisms help predict tissue contrast and how an MR signal is localized to a selected slice through the body. The text then focuses on frequency and phase encoding. It also explores the spin-echo sequence, its scan parameters, and additional imaging sequences, such as inversion recovery and gradient echo.The authors enhance the learning experience with practical materials. Along with questions, exercises, and solutions, they include ten interactive programs on the accompanying CD-ROM. These programs not only allow concepts to be clearly demonstrated and further developed, but also provide an opportunity to engage in the learning process through guided exercises. By providing a solid, hands-on foundation in the physics of MRI, this textbook helps students gain confidence with core concepts before they move on to further study or practical training.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781584889014 20160528
- Publication date
- Series in medical physics and biomedical engineering
- "A Taylor & Francis book."
- 9781584889014 (cloth)
- 1584889012 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: