Encyclopedia of education law
- Charles J. Russo, editor.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxxviii, 1012 p.) ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|KF4117 .E53 2008 V.1||In-library use|
|KF4117 .E53 2008 V.2||In-library use|
Library has: 1-
- Russo, Charles J.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Vol. 1 : A-K
- Vol. 2 : L-Z, Index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encyclopedia of Education Law" is a compendium of information drawn from the various dimensions of education law. The entries cover a number of essential topics, including the following: Key cases in education law, including both case summaries and topical overviews; constitutional issues; key concepts, theories, and legal principles; key statutes; treaties (e.g., the Universal Declaration on Human Rights); curricular issues; educational equity; governance; rights of students and teachers; technology; biographies; and, organizations.In addition to these broad categories, anchor essays by leading experts in education law provide more detailed examination of selected topics. "The Encyclopedia" also includes selections from key legal documents such as the Constitution and federal statutes that serve as the primary sources for research on education law. At the same time, since education law is a component in a much larger legal system, the "Encyclopedia" includes entries on the historical development of the law that impact on its subject matter. Such a broadened perspective places education law in its proper context in the United States legal system.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412940795 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412940795 (cloth)
- 1412940796 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: