The SAGE handbook of dyslexia
- edited by Gavin Reid ... [et al.].
- Los Angeles : SAGE, 2008.
- Physical description
- xviii, 506 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1050.5 .S24 2008||Unknown|
- Reid, Gavin, 1950-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction - Gavin Reid et al PART ONE: NEUROLOGICAL/ GENETIC PERSPECTIVES The Origin of Dyslexia: The Asynchrony Phenomenon - Zvia Breznitz Some Special Issues Concerning the Genetics of Dyslexia: Revisiting Multivariate Profiles, Comorbidities, and Genetic Correlations - Jeffrey W Gilger The Neurological Basis Of Dyslexia - John Stein Dyslexia and the Cerebellum - Angela J Fawcett and Roderick I Nicolson Familial Predictors of Dyslexia: Evidence from Preschool Children with and Without Familial Dyslexia Risk - Dennis L Molfese et al Early Identification and Prevention of Dyslexia: Results from a Prospective Follow-up Study of Children at Familial Risk for Dyslexia - Heikki Lyytinen et al PART TWO: COGNITIVE AND LEARNING PERSPECTIVES Exploring Heterogeneity in Developmental Dyslexia: A Longitudinal Investigation - Frank Manis and Caroline E Bailey Rediscovering Dyslexia: New Approaches for Identification and Classification - Richard K Wagner Learning, Cognition and Dyslexia - Roderick I Nicolson and Angela J Fawcett A Review of the Evidence on Morphological Processing in Dyslexics and Poor Readers: A Strength or Weakness? - S Helene Deacon, Rauno Parrila and John R Kirby PART THREE: EDUCATIONAL INFLUENCES Reading Intervention Research: An Integrative Framework - William E Tunmer and Keith T Greaney Assessment of Literacy Performance Based on the Componential Model of Reading - R Malatesha Joshi and PG Aaron The Definition of Learning Disabilities: Who Is the Individual with Learning Disabilities? - Linda S Siegel and Orly Lipka Students with Phonological Dyslexia in School-Based Programs: Insights from Tennessee Schools - Diane J Sawyer and Stuart Bernstein Individual Tutoring for Struggling Readers: Moving Research to Scale with Interventions Implemented by Paraeducators - Patricia F Vadasy and Elizabeth A Sanders Dyslexia Friendly Primary Schools: What Can We Learn from Asking the Pupils? - Mary Coffield et al Dyslexia and Learning Styles: Overcoming the Barriers to Learning - Gavin Reid and Iva Strnadova Dyslexia and Inclusion in the Secondary School - Cross Curricular Perspectives - Moira Thomson Dyslexia and Self-Concept: A Review of Past - Robert Burden Role of Parents - Gavin Reid, Shannon Green and Corey Zylstra PART FOUR: DYSLEXIA AND DIFFERENT LANGUAGES Dyslexia in Different Orthographies: Variability in Transparency - John Everett and Gad Elbeheri Dyslexia and Foreign Language Learning - Michael Dal PART FIVE: BEYOND SCHOOL Adults with Learning Disabilities and Self-Disclosure in Higher Education and Beyond - Lynda A Price and Paul J Gerber Dyslexia: Workplace Issues - Gavin Reid, Fil Came and Lynda A Price.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412945134 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "The SAGE Handbook of Dyslexia" is a comprehensive overview of a complex field. It is a rich, critical assessment of past and present theory and current research, which also looks to the future. The editors have brought together key figures from the international academic world - both researchers and practitioners - to examine the relationships between theoretical paradigms, research and practice, and to map new areas of research. The book has 5 main sections: neurological/genetic perspectives; cognitive and learning perspectives; educational influences; beyond school; and international perspectives.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412945134 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- 9781412945134 (cloth)
- 1412945135 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: