The Routledge international handbook of lifelong learning
- edited by Peter Jarvis.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xxx, 526 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5225 .L42 R68 2009||Unknown|
- Jarvis, Peter, 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Introductory Chapters 1. Lifelong Learning- a social ambiguity, Peter Jarvis 2. Learning in Everyday Life, Peter Jarvis Part 2: Learning throughout Life 3. Young Adulthood, Rachel Brooks 4. Middle Age, Mary Alice Wolf 5. Later Adulthood, Mary Alice Wolf Part 3: Sites of Lifelong Learning 6. The Family, Linden West 7. Literacy, Paul Belanger 8. Schooling, Stephen Gorard 9. Universities. David Watson 10. Workplace Learning, Henning Salling Olesen 11. Workplace Learning in America, Karen Watkins & Victoria Marsick 12. Trades Unions, John Holford 13. The Community, John Field 14. The Learning Region, Shirley Walters 15. Cultural Heritage, Henrik Zapsane 16. Libraries, Susam Imel & Kim Duckett 17. Tourism, Jean-Louis Vignuda Part 4: Modes of Learning 18. Self-Directed Learning, Richard Taylor 19. On Being Taught, Stephen Brookfield 20. Distance Learning, Otto Peters 21. e-learning, WeiYuan Zhang 22. The Web, Santosh Panda Part 5: Policies 23. National Policies and Lifelong Learning, Colin Griffin 24. The European Union, Peter Jarvis 25. The World Bank, William Rivera 26. OECD, Tom Schuller 27. UNESCO, Adama Ouane 28. Commonwealth of Learning, John Daniels Part 6: Social Movements 29. Non-Governmental Organisations and Networks, Alan Tuckett 30. NGOs and Development -- dvv, Chris Duke & Heribert Hinzen 31. Social Movements, Budd Hall 32. International Aid and Development, Cornelia Dragne & Budd Hall Part 7: Perspectives on Lifelong Learning 33. Economics, Hans Schuetze 34. Philosophy, Kenneth Wain 35. Psychology, Knud Illeris 36. Sociology, Kjell Rubenson 37. Feminism, Julia Preece 38. Religion, Peter Jarvis Part 8: Geographical Dimensions 39. Africa, Michel Omolewa 40. Asia, Songee Han 41. Australia, Mark Tennant & Roger Morris 42. Europe, Janos Toff 43. India, Dr. CPS Chauhan 44. South America, Candido Gomes 45. United States, Arthur Wilson.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415419048 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- As lifelong learning grows in popularity, few comprehensive pictures of the phenomenon have emerged. "The Routledge International Handbook of Lifelong Learning" provides a disciplined and complete overview of lifelong learning internationally. The theoretical structure puts the learner at the centre and the book emanates from there, pointing to the social context beyond the learner. Up-to-the-minute syntheses from many of the leading international experts in the field give vital snapshots of this rapidly evolving subject from wide-ranging perspectives including: learning throughout life; sites of lifelong learning; modes of learning; policies social movements; issues in lifelong learning; and geographical dimensions. This authoritative volume, essential reading for academics in the field of Lifelong Learning, examines the complexities of the subject within a systematic global framework and places it in its socio-historic context.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415419048 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- International handbook of lifelong learning
- 0415419042 (cloth)
- 9780415419048 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: