Handbook of research on adult learning and development
- edited by M. Cecil Smith with Nancy DeFrates-Densch.
- New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xxii, 809 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC5225 .R47 H36 2009
- Unknown LC5225 .R47 H36 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The time is right for this comprehensive, state-of-the-art Handbook that analyzes, integrates, and summarizes theoretical advances and research findings on adult development and learning - a rapidly growing field reflecting demographic shifts toward an aging population in Western societies. Featuring contributions from prominent scholars across diverse disciplinary fields (education, developmental psychology, public policy, gerontology, neurology, public health, sociology, family studies, and adult education), the volume is organized around six themes: theoretical perspectives on adult development and learning research methods in adult development research on adult development research on adult learning aging and gerontological research policy perspectives on aging The Handbook is an essential reference for researchers, faculty, graduate students and practitioners whose work pertains to adult and lifespan development and learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780805858198 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805858199 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780805858204 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805858202 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203887882 (ebook)
- 0203887883 (ebook)