Educational leadership and administration
- edited by Fenwick W. English.
- Los Angeles ; London : SAGE, 2009.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LB2805 .E383 2009 V.1||Unknown|
|LB2805 .E383 2009 V.2||Unknown|
|LB2805 .E383 2009 V.3||Unknown|
|LB2805 .E383 2009 V.4||Unknown|
- English, Fenwick W.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- VOLUME 1 A Typology of Metanarratives in Educational Administration. - F. English American Public School Administration: A short analysis - J. March Some Notes on the Methodology of Science for Researchers and Administrators in Education - J. Hills The Social Context of Effective Schools. - P. Hallinger and J. Murphy The Politics of Leadership - S. Ball Administrator Selection, Career Patterns, Succession, and Socialization - E. Miklos Contrived Collegiality: The micropolitics of teacher collaboration - A. Hargreaves The Principal as Leader of the Self-managing School in Australia - B. Caldwell Educative Leadership: A practical theory - P. Duignan and R. Macpherson Leadership for School Restructuring - K. Leithwood Towards a Comprehensive Model - T. Bush The Power of School Culture - L. Stoll and D. Fink ISLLC Standards - CCSSO Understanding Organizational Learning for School Leadership and Educational Reform. - B. Cousins Teachers as Leaders: An exploratory framework. - F. Crowther Authenticity in Leadership: An emerging perspective authenticity, intentionality, spirituality and sensibility - P. Duignan and N. Bhindi VOLUME 2 Comparative Educational Administration: Developing a cross-cultural conceptual framework. - C. Dimmock and A. Walker Strategy, External Relations and Marketing - N. Foskett Distributed Properties: A new architecture for leadership - P. Gronn Boundary-breaking Leadership: A must for tomorrow's learning communities? - J. Robertson and C. Webber The International Role of the NCLS: Tourist, colporteur or confrere? - A. Walker and C. Dimmock School Leadership that Works: From research to results. - R. Marzano, T. Waters and B McNulty The Discipline of Education Administration: Crediting the past - R. Papa School Leadership and Student Outcomes: Identifying what works and why - V.M.J. Robinson A Garbage can Model of Organizational Choice - M. Cohen, J. March and P. Olsen Educational Organizations as Loosely Coupled Systems - K. Weick Control over Schools: The maze of authority in education law in Canada - A. MacKay Decentralization, Devolution, and the School Principal: Australian lessons on statewide education reform - J. Chapman and W. Boyd Effective Schools: Interpreting the evidence - S. Rosenholtz Organizational Decentralization in Education - D. Brown Social Behavior and the Administrative Process - J. Getzels Profiles of Organizational Culture and Effective Schools - Y. Cheng What is the next Quantum Leap for School Systems in Australia? - H. Beare Initiating Secondary School Reform: The dynamic relationship between restructuring, reculturing and retiming. - L. Hannay and J. Ross VOLUME 3 Education Reform and Managerialism: Comparing the experience of schools and colleges - T. Simkins Distributed Leadership and School Improvement: Leading or misleading? - A. Harris Partnership, Conflict and Gaming. - J. Lumby and M. Morrison Education and Globalization: Redefining the role of the educational professional - M. Bottery Successful School Leadership: What is it and who decides? - B. Mulford The Theory Problem in Educational Administration - J. Riffel The Nature of Value - C. Hodgkinson Effective Schools for the Urban Poor - R. Edmonds Educational Administration, the Sociology of Science and the Management of Knowledge. - R. Bates The Under Representation of Women and Minorities in Education Administration: Patterns, issues, and recommendations. - P. Leonard and R. Papa Lewis A Pedagogical and Educative View of Leadership - J. Smyth Toward a Broader Micropolitics of Schools - R. Townsend Struggling to be "Good Enough": Administrative practices and school district ethos. - P. Coleman and L. LaRocque Do we have the will to Educate all Children? - A. Hilliard Educational Leadership and the Crisis of Democratic Government - H. Giroux Theory about Organization: A new perspective and its implications for schools - T. Greenfield The Knowledge Base in Educational Administration and the Restructuring of Education in New Zealand - J. Codd The Educational System - C. Reynolds Creating a Learning Community in a Multicultural Setting: Issues of leadership - C. Shields Doing Emotional Labour in the Education Marketplace: Stories from the field of women in educational management - J. Blackmore Dusting off the Phoenix: Gender and educational leadership revisited - V. Hall (Homo)sexualities, Organizations and Administration: Possibilities for in (queer)ly - C. Capper Toward a Theory of Anti-oppressive Education - K. Kumashiro Imaging Good Organizations: Moral orders or moreal communities? - P. Milley VOLUME 4 African American Principals and the Legacy of Brown - L. Tillman Deliberative Democracy in Imagined Communities: How the power of geometry of globalization shapes local leadership praxis - H. Mawhinney Educational Leadership: An Islamic perspective. - S. Shah Social Justice, Educational Leaders and Resistance: Toward a theory of social justice leadership - G. Theoharis Collegial Authority and the Receding Locus of Power - T. Noble and B. Pym Educative Leadership in a Multicultural Society - F. Rizvi Justifying Educational Administration - C. Evers and G. Lakomski The Cupboard is Bare: The postmodern critique of educational administration - F. English 'Fellow Travellers' and 'True Believers': A case study of religion and politics in Alberta schools - A. Taylor Really Good Ideas? Developing evidence-informed policy and practice in educational leadership and management - R. Levacic and R. Glatter The Point of Scientificity, the Fall of the Epistemological Dominos, and the End of the Field of Educational Administration - F. English Mapping Leadership Studies in Education: Towards a typology of knowledge domains - P. Ribbins and H. Gunter The Naked Participant: Balancing personal perspectives with the concept of 'Verstehen' in interpretive inquiry - C. Harris Toward Public Administration as a Humanities Discipline: A humanistic manifesto - E. Samier Toward Re-Founding the Field of Educational Administration - F. English Educational Reform: An ironic perspective - E. Hoyle and M. Wallace.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Educational Leadership and Administration" makes a real contribution in focusing scholars' attention of this key field on its relevant past and possible future. The selection of articles in this major work draws on regional knowledge from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand to offer researchers and academics a global perspective of the leading theories and ideas within educational leadership and administration. Drawn from the broad perspectives of behaviorism, structuralism, critical theory and postmodernism, these articles and chapters represent the intellectual turning points of thinking in 'Educational Leadership and Administration', within the last 30-40 years. These pieces are considered 'groundbreaking' in that they became the foundation of further research or are considered 'classic' pieces which represent a summation of critical work in similar work. As such, this is a must-have reference resource for any student in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781847875648 (set)
- 1847875645 (set)
Browse related items
Start at call number: