Human rights advocacy stories
- edited by Deena R. Hurwitz, Margaret L. Satterthwaite ; with Doug Ford.
- New York : Foundation Press ; [Eagan, Minn.] : Thomson/West, c2009.
- Physical description
- vii, 590 p. ; 26 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3240 .H845 2009||In-library use|
- Hurwitz, Deena.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Outlawing torture : the story of amnesty international's efforts to shape the U.N. convention against torture / Jayne Huckerby & Sir Nigel Rodley
- The story of the TAC case : the potential and limits of socio-economic rights litigation in South Africa / Amy Kapczynski & Jonathan M. Berger
- The stories of Dudgeon and Toonen : personal struggles to legalize sexual identities / Mark Bromley & Kristen Walker
- Gaining legal recognition of indigenous land rights : the story of the Awas Tingni Case in Nicaragua / S. James Anaya & Maia S. Campbell
- The law of the Republic Versus the "Law of the Brothers" : a story of France's Law Banning Religious Symbols in public schools / Karima Bennounce
- Engendering genocide : the Akayesu Case Before the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda / Beth Van Schaack
- The story of Samuel Hinga Norman in Sierra Leone: can truth commissions and criminal prosecutions coexist after conflict? / Ari S. Bassin & Paul Van Zyl
- Universal jurisdiction and the dilemmas of international criminal justice : the Sabra and Shatila Case in Belgium / Deena R. Hurwitz
- Arresting juxtapositions : the story of Roper v. Simmons / Alison J. Nathan
- The story of Narmada Bachao Andolan : human rights in the global economy and the struggle against the world bank / Smita Narula
- The story of Sale v. Haitan Centers Council : Guantánamo and refoulement / Harold Hongju Koh & Michael J. Wishnie
- The story of Doe v. Unocal : justice delayed but not denied / Katie Redford & Beth Stephens
- Inspiring and inadequate : the Krstić Genocide Conviction through the eyes of a Srebrenica survivor / Doug Ford
- The story of Hamid Karzai : the paradoxes of state-building and human rights / Aziz Z. Huq
- The story of El-Masri v. Tenet : human rights and humanitarian law in the "war on terror" / Margaret L. Satterthwaite.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Foundation Press human rights advocacy stories
- At head of title: Foundation Press.
Browse related items
Start at call number: