Geometrical charged-particle optics
- Harald H. Rose.
- Berlin : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 412 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 142.
- Rose, Harald H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction.- 2. General Properties of the Electron.- 3. Multipole Expansion of the Electromagnetic Field .- 4. Gaussian Optics.- 5. General Principles of Particle Motion.- 6. Beam Properties.- 7. Path Deviations.- 8. Aberrations.- 9. Correction of Aberrations.- 10. Electron Mirrors.- 11. Optics of Electron Guns.- 12.Confinement of Charged Particles.- 13. Monochromator and Energy Filters.- 14. Relativistic Electron Motion and Spin Precession.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540859154 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book covers all theoretical aspects of modern geometrical charged particle optics. It is intended as a textbook for graduate student and as a guide for researchers, who are involved in the design of electron optical instruments and beam-guiding systems for charged particles. Procedures for calculating the properties of systems with arbitrarily curved axis are outlined in detail and methods are discussed for designing and optimizing special components such as aberration corrector, spectrometers, energy filters, monochromator, ion traps, electron mirrors and cathodes. The design of novel electron optical components enabling sub-Angstroem spatial resolution and sub-0.1eV energy resolution are discussed. Relativistic motion and spin precession of the electron is treated in a concise way by employing a covariant five-dimensional procedure.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540859154 20160528
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences, 0342-4111 ; v. 142
- 9783540859161 (e-ISBN)
- 3540859160 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: