Analytical and computational methods in electromagnetics
- Ramesh Garg.
- Boston : Artech House, c2008.
- Physical description
- xix, 528 p. : ill. ; 27 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Artech House electromagnetic analysis series.
Engineering Library (Terman)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|QC661 .G27 2008||Unknown|
- Garg, Ramesh, 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Basic Principles of Electromagnetic Theory.-- Analytical Methods and Orthogonal Functions.-- Green's Functions.-- Contour Integration and Conformal Mapping.-- Fourier Transform Method.-- Introduction to Computational Methods.-- Method of Finite Differences.-- Finite Difference Time Domain Analysis.-- Variational Methods.-- Finite Element Method.-- Method of Moments.-- Appendices.-- About the Author.-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Although electromagnetics principles can be very difficult for electrical engineers to understand, they are the essential background that engineers need to get most out of today's powerful computational tools and commercial software for optimizing microwave system performance. This authoritative resource offers a clear and complete explanation of this necessary electromagnetics knowledge, providing the analytical fundamentals needed to understand the most important methods in the field, including MoM (method of moments), FDTD (Finite Difference Time Domain) techniques, and Green's functions.The book presents all math necessary to master the material and provides number of solved problems to ensure the understanding the key concepts. It also includes multiple choice questions, appropriate for self study or courses, that help clarify concepts without any mathematical burden. Packed with over 1,300 time-saving equations, all the problems presented in the book can be solved using nothing more than calculator.CD-ROM-Included! It includes time-saving Matlab[registered] source code for the problems presented in the book which can be easily modified to help you solve similar problems in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- The Artech House electromagnetic analysis series
- 9781596933859 (hbk.)
- 1596933852 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: