Synchronization : from simple to complex
- A. Balanov ... [et al.].
- Berlin ; London : Springer, 2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 425 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Springer series in synergetics.
- Balanov, Alexander.
- Part I: Mechanisms of Synchronization.- 1. Introduction.- 2. 1:1 Forced Synchronization of Periodic Oscillations.- 3. 1:1 Mutual Synchronization of Periodic Oscillations.- 4. Homoclinic Mechanism of Synchronization of Periodic Oscillations.- 5. n:m Synchronization of Periodic Oscillations.- 6. 1:1 Forced Synchronization of Periodic Oscillations in the Presence of Noise.- 7. Chaos Synchronization.- 8. Synchronization of Noise-Induced Oscillations.- 9. Conclusions to Part I.- Part II: Synchronization of Complex Oscillations.- 10. Introduction.- 11. Synchronization of Anisochronous Oscillators.- 12.- Phase Multistability.- 13. Synchronization in Systems with Complex Multimode Dynamics.- 14. Synchronization of Systems with Resource Mediated Coupling.- 15. Conclusion to Part II.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Synchronization: From Simple to Complex" is devoted to the fundamental phenomenon in physics - synchronization that occurs in coupled non-linear dissipative oscillators. Examples of such systems range from mechanical clocks to population dynamics, from human heart to neural networks. The authors study this phenomenon as applied to oscillations of different nature such as those with periodic, chaotic, noisy and noise-induced nature, reveal the general mechanisms behind synchronization, and bring to light other important effects that accompany synchronization such as phase multistability, dephasing and multimode interaction. The main purpose of this book is to demonstrate that the complexity of synchronous patterns of real oscillating system can be described in the framework of the general approach.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer series in synergetics
- 9783540721277 (hbk.)
- 3540721274 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: