String theory demystified
- David McMahon.
- New York : McGraw Hill, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiii, 306 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- McGraw-Hill "Demystified" series.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC794.6 .S85 M396 2009||Unknown|
- McMahon, David (David M.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -298) and index.
- Preface Chapter 1: Introduction Chapter 2: The Classical String I: Equations of Motion Chapter 3: The Classical String II: Symmetrics and Worldsheet Currents Chapter 4: String Quantization Chapter 5: Conformal Field Theory Part I Chapter 6: BRST Quantization Chapter 7: RNS Superstrings Chapter 8: Compactification and T-Duality Chapter 9: Superstring Theory Continued Chapter 10: A Summary of Superstring Theory Chapter 11: Type II String Theories Chapter 12: Heterotic String Theory Chapter 13: D-Branes Chapter 14: Black Holes Chapter 15: The Holographic Principle and AdS/CFT Correspondence Chapter 16: String Theory and Cosmology Final Exam Quiz Solutions Final Exam Solutions References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498708 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- More than 1 million "Demystified" books have been sold. String theory is an emerging model of physics that can, in principle, explain all of the particles and fundamental forces of nature by modeling them as vibrations of tiny supersymmetric strings. Using the proven Demystified format, this book elucidates the highly mathematical and complex topic of string theory, covering key topics such as particle physics, quantum field theory, D-brane physics, and different types of strings. You will learn the mathematical tools necessary to truly decipher string theory.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498708 20160528
- String models.
- Publication date
- Demystified series
- 9780071498708 (pbk.)
- 0071498702 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: