Aeronautical engineers' data book [electronic resource]
- Clifford Matthews.
- Oxford ; Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002.
- Physical description
- viii, 271 p. : ill. ; 19 x 9 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Important Regulations and Directives * Fundamental dimensions and units * Symbols and notations * Aeronautical definitions * Basic fluid mechanics * Basic aerodynamics * Principles of flight dynamics * Principles of propulsion * Aircraft performance * Aircraft design and construction * Airports * Basic mechanical design * Reference sources * Appendices: A Aerodynamics stability and control derivatives * B Aircraft response transfer functions * C Approximate expressions for dimensionless aerodynamic stability and control derivatives * D Compressible flow tables * E Shock wave data.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750651257 20160612
- Publisher's Summary
- This is an essential handy guide containing useful up to date information regularly needed by the student or practising engineer. Covering all aspects of aircraft, both fixed wing and rotary craft, this pocket book provides quick access to useful aeronautical engineering data and sources of information for further in-depth information. This book provides quick reference to essential data, and presents most up to date information available.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780750651257 20160612
- Supplemental links
Table of contents
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Aug. 2, 2007). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.