Encyclopedia of heart diseases [electronic resource]
- M. Gabriel Khan.
- Burlington, MA : Elsevier Academic, c2006.
- Physical description
- xviii, 653 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Contents Include: Ageing Heart Alcohol and the Heart Altitute and Pulmonary Edema Anatomy of the Heart and Circulation Anderson Fabry Disease Anemia Aneurysm Angina Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors Angioplasty/Coronary Balloon Antihistamines Antioxidants Antiplatelet Agent Arginine Arrhythmias/Palpitations Artificial Heart Aspririn for Heart Disease Atherombosis/Atherosclerosis Athletes and Sudden Cardiac Death Atrial Fibrillation Atrial Septal Defect Arterosclerosis Beriberi Heart Disease Blood Clots Blood Pressure Brugada Syndrome B-type Natriuretic Peptide Bundle Branch Block Caffeine and the Heart Calcium Antagonists Carcinoid Heart Disease Cardiogenic Shock Cardiomyopathy Cardiopulmonary Resucitation (CPR) Chagas' Disease Chelation and Heart Disease Chemotherapy-Induced Heart Disease Cholesterol Cocaine and the Heart and Arteries Coenzyme Q10 Congenital Heart Disease Contraception and Cardiovascular Disease Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery C-Reactive Protein and the Heart Cytochrome P450 Deep Vein Thrombosis Depression and the Heart Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Diets and Heart Disease Diuretics Down Syndrome Dyslipidemia Echocardiography Electrocardiography and Heart Disease Embryology Endocrine Disorders Erectile Dysfunction Exercise and the Heart Fish/Fish Oils Heart Attacks Heart Failure Hemochromatosis Herbal Products HIV and the Heart Homocysteine and Cardiovascular Disease Hypertension Hypertrophy Kawasaki Disease Miscellaneous Disorders Murmurs Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Pacemakers Patent Foramen Ovale Pericarditis and Myocraditis Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Race and Cardiovascular Disease Sleep and the Heart Stents for Coronary Artery Disease Stress and Heart Disease Stroke/Cerebrovascular Accident Syncope Takayasu Ateritis Tests for Heart Disease Thyroid Heart Disease Type A Behavior Valve Diseases Ventricular Fibrillation Women and Heart Disease and Stroke.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780124060616 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encyclopedia of Heart Diseases" is an accurate and reliable source of in-depth information on the diseases that kill more than 12 million individuals worldwide each year. In fact, cardiovascular diseases are more prevalent than the combined incidence of all forms of cancer, diabetes, asthma and leukemia. In one volume, this Encyclopedia thoroughly covers these ailments and also includes in-depth analysis of less common and rare heart conditions to round out the volume's scope. Researchers, clinicians, and students alike will all find this resource an invaluable tool for quick reference before approaching the primary literature. It offers coverage of more than 200 topics, including: applied pharmacology of current and experimental cardiac drugs, gene therapy, MRI, electron-beam CT, PET scan put in perspective, cardiac tests costs and justification, and new frontiers in cardiovascular research; and more than 150 helpful figures and illustrations! Dr. Khan is a well-published and respected expert in heart and heart diseases.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780124060616 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on July 25, 2007). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.