A practical guide to software licensing for licensees and licensors
- H. Ward Classen.
- 3rd ed.
- Chicago : Section of Business Law, American Bar Association, c2008.
- Physical description
- ix, 907 p. : forms ; 25 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Classen, H. Ward.
- American Bar Association. Section of Business Law.
- The negotiation process
- Licensing software
- Grant of license
- Other important issues
- Licensing issues arising from alternative delivery models
- When problems arise
- Representing the global entity
- Escrow agreements
- Confidentiality provisions and trade secret protection
- Shrink-wrap and click-wrap licenses
- Applicability of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Recommended resource materials
- Technology acronyms
- Model forms.
Examines the fundamental issues that both licensors and licensees confront in the negotiation of a software license and looks at relevant ancillary issues such as software development as well as maintenance and support. This book focuses on non-mass market agreements.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- "Model forms and annotations included in print and CD-ROM."
- System requirements for accompanying CD-ROM: installed software capable of reading .rtf and .xls files; CD-ROM drive.
Browse related items
Start at call number: